To back up and restore your computer using Windows, please refer to the Step-by-Step guide to Backing up and restoring - for PC.
Backing up your files to the cloud
Before you begin:
- Update your mobile device(s) to the latest iOS, and your Mac to the latest macOS
- Set up iCloud on all devices
- Make sure you’re signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all devices
- If your devices can’t update to the latest iOS or macOS, see the minimum system requirements to use iCloud Drive.
1. Go to Apple menu > System Preferences
2. Select Apple ID
3. Select Options next to iCloud Drive
4. Click Desktop and Documents to back up your Mac to the cloud. Select your Mac cloud storage plan and click Next. Then click Done
If this option is not available, and you want to add the files from your Mac Desktop and Documents folder to iCloud Drive, update your Mac to the latest macOS
Restore your files from the cloud
Restoring your Mac using iCloud is easy. You can access your backed up files anytime. Simply:
- Go to Finder
- Click on iCloud
- Select the files you want to restore.
For more information on cyber security guidance specific to small businesses, refer to the Small Business Cyber Security Guide.