While many people opt for a piece of tape over the camera, chances are if your webcam is hacked, then your entire system is in the hands of a hacker.
Follow these simple steps to keep your entire system safe.
For inbuilt webcams:
- install all operating system and software updates when prompted
- install anti-virus software and run regular scans
- always practice safe browsing
- don’t accept video calls from people you do not know.
For stand-alone webcams:
- install software updates for the application it uses
- change the default password
- keep it turned off when not in use.
Read more about click safety.