Cyber criminal activity is constantly evolving so the advice of the Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) constantly evolves, too.
As the lead agency on cyber security, the ACSC assists organisations by adopting a risk management approach and providing expert advice that best meets their specific needs. It’s never one-size-fits-all.
Our expert advice helps government protect their networks, staff and customers.
Our latest update to the Essential Eight Maturity Model (the Maturity Model) provides technical guidance to help organisations improve their cyber security maturity by:
- Mitigating known application whitelisting bypass techniques
- Raising the bar for less mature implementations of application whitelisting
- Expanding the scope of application whitelisting for servers
- Correctly identifying less mature approaches to testing restoration of backups, and
- Increasing the frequency of testing restoration of backups.
The Maturity Model provides advice on how to implement the Essential Eight in a phased approach. It also assists organisations in self-assessing the maturity of their implementation.