The Critical Infrastructure Uplift Program (CI-UP) is a service offered by the ACSC as part of the ASD’s Cyber Enhanced Situational Awareness and Response (CESAR) package. CI-UP will involve the ACSC working closely with critical infrastructure owners to identify and resolve vulnerabilities, and helping to protect Australia’s most critical systems from a broad range of cyber threats.
What CI-UP does
The ACSC’s voluntary CI-UP will help to protect Australia’s essential services from cyber threats by raising the security levels of critical infrastructure organisations. The program has been designed to:
- evaluate cyber security maturity of critical infrastructure and systems of national significance using a combination of the Cyber Security Capability and Maturity Model (C2M2) and Essential 8 maturity models.
- deliver prioritised vulnerability and risk mitigation strategies; and
- assist partners to implement the recommended risk mitigation strategies.
CI-UP is not an audit, compliance monitoring, or accreditation program. CI-UP is a modular suite of cyber security activities that is designed to respond to the unique requirements of each organisation and help them to lift their own cyber maturity. CI-UP participants can tailor their uplift by selecting other ACSC services, this may include:
- threat briefings on the current cyber landscape;
- cyber security exercises, focussing on incident response and vulnerability management;
- Cyber Health Improvement Program (CHIPs);
- situational awareness and alerting products relevant for critical infrastructure at tactical, operational and strategic levels; and
- hunt services.
Who Can Apply?
The ACSC Partnership Program enables a wide range of Australian organisations to engage with the ACSC and fellow partners, drawing on collective understanding, experience, skills and capability to lift cyber resilience across the Australian economy. If you are not an ACSC Partner and wish to participate in the CI-UP, you will first need to register to become an ACSC Partner through the ACSC Partner Hub.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com, or call 1300CYBER1.