The Australian Cyber Security Centre (ACSC) advises users of WhatsApp to implement the latest fix for a reported vulnerability.
Facebook, which owns WhatsApp, has made an announcement about a vulnerability in the app and says the affected versions are:
- WhatsApp for iOS prior to v2.19.51
- WhatsApp for Tizen prior to v2.18.15
- WhatsApp for Android prior to v2.19.134
- WhatsApp Business for iOS prior to v2.19.51
- WhatsApp Business for Android prior to v2.19.44
- WhatsApp for Windows Phone prior to v2.18.348
Cyber criminals can use any weakness in apps to access your phone or device.
To stay one step ahead of remote attackers, we recommend that you set your phone and device/s to auto update your apps.
You can read the Facebook Security Advisory for the vulnerability, CVE-2019-3568, and update using standard updates from your app store.
To report a cyber-security incident, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of a cybercrime, go to ReportCyber and report it.