You can submit a letter of recommendation for evaluation up to EAL2 where there isnt yet an ACSC-approved Protection Profile for the relevant technology.
Submit your evaluation request using the following template:
The letter of recommendation for evaluation serves three main purposes:
- It provides a record and helps with tracking.
- It helps us communicate with you during the evaluation.
- It provides us with details on how you intend to use the product so we can ensure the scope of evaluation is appropriate.
The letter of recommendation for evaluation is not:
- an automatic acceptance that we will conduct an evaluation
- a contract or commitment by the agency; a recommendation can be withdrawn at any time by notifying us
- a financial commitment to purchase the product.
We will work with you and the product vendor to understand the evaluation aims. This is essential to ensure all stakeholders are engaged and informed of the expectations and timeframes involved in an evaluation.
If you would like further clarification or guidance, please contact us.