The TOE is Juniper Networks Secure Access Family Version 6.4 running software version 6.4R2.
The following hardware and software components should be used in the evaluated configuration:
|TOE COMPONENT||VERSION/MODEL NUMBER|
|Hardware||Secure Access 700, 2000, 2500, 4000, 4500, 4500 FIPS, 6000, 6000SP, 6500, 6500 FIPS|
|IT ENVIRONMENT COMPONENT||VERSION/MODEL NUMBER|
|NSM Management Platform||Version 2008.2r1|
The TOE provides secure remote access to internal network resources, such as:
- Web-based traffic, including Web pages and Web-based applications
- Java applets, including Web applications that use Java applets.
- File traffic, including file servers and directories
- Telnet and SSH terminal emulation sessions
- Windows Terminal Servers and Citrix server terminal emulation sessions
- E-mail clients based on the IMAP4, POP3, and SMTP protocols
- All network traffic
Secure Access acts as a secure application-layer gateway that intermediates all requests between remote computers and internal corporate resources. All requests from remote computers to a Secure Access appliance and from a Secure Access appliance to remote computers are encrypted using SSL/HTTPS 168-bit encryption. All unencrypted requests (e.g. HTTP) are redirected to HTTPS which ensures the connection is encrypted. Each request is subject to administratively defined access control and authorisation policies, such as dual-factor or client-side digital certificate authentication, before the request is forwarded to an internal resource. Users gain authenticated access to authorised resources via an extranet session hosted by the appliance. From any Internet-connected Web browser, users can access Web-based enterprise applications, Java applications, file shares and terminal hosts.