The TOE is an optional software module designed for use with Canon’s imageRUNNER iR2270, iR3870, iR3570 and iR4570 series Multifunction Devices (MFDs).
When installed, the Security Kit B2 can be configured to erase and overwrite temporary image data that is written to the device’s HDD after print, copy, fax or scanning operations. Additionally the HDD also provides a virtual mail box function for the reception, storage, retrieval and reproduction of documents and images. This local mail box data can also be encrypted, erased and overwritten by the Security Kit.
The TOE delivers a number of security functions:
- Encryption: Both temporary image data created during print/copy/scan/fax operation and image data stored in Mail Boxes is encrypted.
- Complete Erasure: Data is overwritten to ensure the image data cannot be recovered. Three methods are available: overwrite null data, overwrite random data and multiple overwrite random data. This function is applied to both temporary image data and deleted stored data.
- Job Log Protection: Users can no longer view the MFD job log.
- Access Control: Password protection for the System Manager Id is used to manage these functions, and for access to the In-Box optionally used for storage of received faxes or scanned images.
- Secure Remote Access: Secure (SSL) communication between the MFD’s Remote User Interface (RUI) and the System Manager’s web browser.