Gauntlet is a hardware and software-based firewall system designed to provide secure access and internetwork communications between private, trusted networks and public, untrusted networks, such as the Internet, or between subnets within a private network.
The Gauntlet Internet Firewall is an application-level proxy based firewall with the following features:
- support for strong user authentication
- system integrity with cryptographic checksums
- built-in real-time notification of unauthorised activities
- extensible set of application gateways (proxies)
- Gauntlet includes proxies, which support the following services: HTTP - with Java and ActiveX blocking, FTP, SMTP, Telnet, Oracle SQL Net, SNMP, Sybase, Microsoft SQL, POP3, NSMTP(SMAP/SMAPD), SSL, LDAP, NNTP and Plug.