Windows Mobile 6.5 is a compact operating system for use on Pocket PCs and Smartphones that allows users to extend their corporate Windows desktop to mobile devices in a secure manner.
Windows Mobile 6.5 is an enterprise mobile messaging solution with a number of features, which include:
- Applications and services: the Windows Mobile operating system can be used to securely synchronise and access email, contacts and calendar whilst away from the office workstation;
- Secure mobile and enterprise access: security
mechanisms provide controlled access to the
mobile device and to securely connect the mobile device to trusted enterprise assets.
- Device data protection: data is protected while in transit between the mobile device and the corporate network, and while at rest on the mobile device and its external storage cards.
- Device application control: protection
mechanisms prevent unauthorised code from
being installed or executed on the mobile device.
- Device security management: security policies allow mobile devices to be configured to corporate standards.
- Device wipe: mobile device data may be wiped, either remotely or locally, in response to a device compromise.