ProtectDrive employs strong, trusted access control and data encryption techniques to protect sensitive information on laptops, portable PCs, workstations and servers from access by unauthorised users.
ProtectDrive fully integrates with the host operating system enabling single system log on and transparent operation.
ProtectDrive has the following major features:
- System Boot control (ProtectDrive activates prior to the operating system boot).
- Strong data security through the use of hard disk drive encryption.
- Available encryption algorithms include Triple DES to meet government security recommendations.
- User log on and authentication control through the use of User Id and password or the use of Token and PIN.
- Windows XP and Windows 2000.
- Unauthorised log on protection.
- Log on display showing date and time of last successful log on and details of any failed log on attempts since the last successful log on.
- Administrative control of user access to floppy disks and the use of serial and parallel ports.
- Easy to install and transparent in use.
- Network based installation is possible from a central server
These products have only had cryptographic functionality evaluated and no assurance is given regarding any other mechanisms present in the product.
For cryptographic products which have had all aspects evaluated, refer to the relevant sections (e.g. Network Security, PC Security).
The following products are approved for protecting non-national security information, and in consultation with DSD, RESTRICTED information. Contact DSD regarding the provision of keying material.