Giesecke & Devrient has developed the Smart Card Chip Operating System/Standard with Public Key extension, version number 2.3 (STARCOS SPK 2.3) as a complete multi-application operating system for smart cards.
The STARCOS SPK 2.3 card is manufactured in Australia and has the following features:
- Fast on-card generation of asymmetric key pairs up to 1024 bit key length. Protection against manipulation of keys and digital signatures.
- RSA signature generation/verification and RSA encipher/decipher according to PKCS#1 and ISO 9796-2.
- Support of SHA-1: on-card padding of imported SHA-1 values plus calculation of last SHA-1 hash cycle on card.
- RSA encipher/decipher up to 1024 bit key length.
- Access control via user authentication by PIN mechanism and support of transport PIN mechanism for secure delivery.
- Definition of access conditions: card blocking and card terminate state.
- Loading of additional key pairs into the card and termination of single keys.
- Contributes to SDA/DPA resistance.
- Asymmetric device authentication by means of card verifiable certificates
- Supports secure messaging through the provision of digital signatures.
- Storage of certificate data objects (such as X.509 certificates)