Trusted Solaris 2.5 is a highly configurable trusted operating system based on Sun\'s Solaris 2.5.1 commercial UNIX operating system. It is designed to meet numerous defence and commercial customer requirements for secure computing, including:
- ITSEC E3/F-B1 multi-level functionality with trusted networking and trusted windowing; and
- ITSEC E3/F-C2 functionality, including the use of access control lists and trusted advisory labelling.
Trusted Solaris 2.5 was evaluated on the Sun UltraSPARC-1 workstation and servers sharing information in a distributed networking environment. Sun intend that it will subsequently be evaluated on a wide range on Sun platforms, from uni-processor MicroSPARC desktop workstations, to multi-processor UltraSPARC Enterprise servers, using the Certificate Maintenance Scheme.
Trusted Solaris 2.5 includes the following major facilities, which are all included in the evaluation:
- MAC, DAC and information labels - Least privilege
- Full identification and authentication facilities, including password generation
- Separate trusted administration and security roles
- Centralised Trusted Facilities Management - NIS+ Naming service
- Secure CDE windowing environment with support for X11R5 and Motif
- Trusted networking using TCP/IP and TSIX or MAXSIX protocols
- Trusted NFS - Auditing - Multi-level mail
Please Note: The Security Target for this product is currently unavailable. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.