This includes all reporting for vulnerabilities and data breaches
Report a cyber security incident
The types of cyber security incidents you should report are suspicious system and network activities such as:
- domain administrator accounts being locked out due to failed authentication attempts
- unusual authentication events on remote access systems
- service accounts communicating with internet-based infrastructure.
- compromise of sensitive information
- unauthorised access or attempts to access a system
- emails with suspicious attachments or links
- denial of service attacks
- suspected tampering of electronic devices.
Report a data breach
If your organisation has had a breach of data that is likely to result in serious harm to any individuals whose personal information is involved in the breach, you may have legal obligations under the Notifiable Data Breaches scheme.
Report a vulnerability
Please report any cyber security vulnerabilities you discover that are not yet publicly known, if they are:
- high-impact vulnerabilities that may affect many users, critical national infrastructure or physical safety and could occur in software components, protocols or hardware
- vulnerabilities in websites or systems for big business or government agencies.
Coordinating the disclosure of vulnerabilities can minimise the potential harm caused by those vulnerabilities being exploited. This disclosure will give vendors and developers more time to mitigate the vulnerabilities and enable affected systems of national interest to reduce their exposure. Contact ASD Assist to discuss how to report a vulnerability.
Report a cybercrime
Please report any cybercrime at ReportCyber using the business pathway.
Government and Educational institutions – please note that we are improving ReportCyber to provide a specific pathway for you. In the meantime, you can report any cybercrime using the business pathway. You will need your ABN which you can look up at the Australian Business Register ABN Lookup.
If you need immediate advice and assistance regarding a cyber incident please contact ASD Assist.