The Australian Signals Directorate’s Australian Cyber Security Centre (ASD’s ACSC) has released a new publication, Engaging with Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The new guidance, co-sealed with the international intelligence community, includes important advice to help medium businesses to large organisations interact with AI securely.
When used securely, AI has the potential to benefit businesses by improving efficiency and effectiveness in all industries. It’s important to understand the challenges your organisation may face when engaging with an AI system and how to manage them.
The new guidance from ASD’s ACSC outlines steps businesses can take to securely use AI in their operations.
- Apply advice about engaging with AI alongside the Essential Eight framework to help secure your AI system.
- Know the constraints of your AI system and train your staff to use it securely.
- Understand how the AI system will affect your organisation’s privacy and data protection obligations.
- Consider if any AI services used in your organisation or supply chain are secure-by-design.
- Have suitably qualified staff to ensure the digital system is set up and maintained securely.
Read about Engaging with Artificial Intelligence.